Saturday, November 05, 2005



My Blog Begins...

This would be termed a soft launch in my world. I can hear the little voice in my head go… “What? *pause to let it sink in*Okay, in this era of cost consciousness, you don’t have budgets for fancy ads and fancier ad agencies, but not even BTL…..now that truly translates into a recipe for disaster. “But tarry a little, little voice inside my head-The recipe ain’t gonna be no copy (or Jerox as my office Jeeves, Vijay bhai, would put it).

Okay, its not going to be a copy, but a copy of what? Well, read again- a copy of nothing!! It is quirky, original, individual and my very own. This space is me-no soft opinions in this quadrant of my life and absolutely no polite conversations, no shallow smiles, no “karma padta hai” cycle of actions, in short nothing that I get compelled to do in ordinary sane course of non-virtual life.
Feels good to let that out of my system! Read further, and if you agree/disagree/love/hate/couldn’t care about what I write, ignore/leave a comment or two. We’ll chat. Just don’t sue me-Good thing for me-soda doesn’t burn or some psycho with a ponytail will threaten to burn up what I sell-Better for me- I’ve already quit-can’t dislodge someone who’s already floating eh?
Alliteration is something I have been greatly fascinated by-ever since I got to learn that term. There is something deeply magical about the way ferocious fairies rolls off your tongue, never mind the fact that the mind lingers with the thought-fairies and ferocious?- Well, you surely haven’t met dainty four year old angels who have been kept hungry by way of a school annual function practice, for 6 hours! Back to alliteration then…Here are a few examples of the rolling tongue-lingering mind variety ….
a) Chubby Checkers
b) General Germ
c) Thirsty Thrift
d) Sorry Soap
e) Jolly Jailor
f) Hungry Hormone
g) Parting Party
h) Elated Eel
i) Kinky Kite
j) Loudly Lousy
And you have to be a genius to figure out that the title is also an alliteration. There, I did something all those marketing books and marketing gurus who marketed those books, told me to do-praise the customer-give her unexpected delight-oh…So calling you a genius didn’t excite you huh? Come back for more anyway. It will just make a poor soul feel better. There, I tried the emotional cord route. No, I meant you were the poor soul ;)
Oh, what the hell. If you don’t leave a comment, I’ll just have to tell my alter ego to put in a comment or two and glow in the glory of ‘em all the next morning. The alliteration ailment refuses to go away….! May be giving an opening offer would not have been that idiotic an idea after all.
(10 points for all those who spot all the alliterations in this post. Just dont ask me what you could redeem those points for...not yet anyway)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

chuppy bear is almost an alliteration ... just one letter difference... which i think is how your blog should be viewed as. in any case, brilliant start .. a little too long .. so a brilliant beginning bubbles beyond, burgeoning boundlessly before beautiful binomials. couldnt think of anything for the last 'b'. bhank you.