Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Zoned out and Switched Off

The gyaan is getting to me. The sound of jargon hitting my ear drums very hard. Maturity levels of people around me testing my tolerance limits. I need to count to 1000 in 5 different languages to stay calm. Screaming out loud seems so much easier.

How hard is it to ...shut up and listen....to think....to be mature.....to not jump the gun....to not assume....to be humble?
Zap.Zap.Zap.
To put my mind to some rest,
On brainfall.com, i took a silly test.
Which Harry Potter character did they think was I?
the freckled friend, the wise oldie or the wizard boy...
Oh great-the answer was plain to see
Oh blast-even my hair looks like Hermione's!

I need anger therapy. and maybe some shampoo as well.
But know what-I don't really care
whether my hair shines like a diamond
or dandruff signs you can tell.
My worth is not equal to what I buy.
My sense of self is also not for sale.
Happiness-not a derivative of products & deals
What they make is fluff-I know I'm for real.

S-C-R-E-A-M! REAL LOUD SCREAM!! (look ma, no rhyme-no reason).
I'm putting myself to sleep.

7 comments:

unpredictable said...

Why oh why? didnt realize the sessions ur in right now are this painful! Or is it coz ur not a newbie like the others? Either way, being Hermione isnt such a bad thing, she's typecast rather sadly, but her flash of brilliance is anyway what saves the day most times :) She's the woman behind the man if u know what I mean :P

shrenik said...

i just had a mind-bending experience.
was listening to Midival Punditz kickin' up "Main Hoon Don (the wickedly sweet techno one)" and tried setting it to your rhyme.

Yeehaw!!

Quirky Quill said...

Unpred-mixture of both boring jargon and silly people. feathers all ruffled up. But now fully recovered. Feel redeemed too-victory in case competition & overall team cp show. And yeah-i dont mind being Hermione-just keep the freckled boy away from me.

Shrenik-this is from Finding Nemo: "with friends like these, who needs anamones?"

Cutting Chai said...

i am impressed you can even count upto 1000 in 5 languages ;)

Quirky Quill said...

Mcd-the things one has to learn to keep that temper in check! and i did learn the art of exaggeration rather early!

Horsie said...

whoa, tryst with marketing sounds rather exciting!!
pray, tell me, were u a maggu baccha at IIM I?

Quirky Quill said...

Hmm Horse.In classic "develop others by asking & letting them do the figuring out" tradition:
"What do you think?"