Sunday, August 02, 2009

FB-the laughter tonic

Funny that I should be getting this after extolling the virtues of FB just a couple of days back.
Message one from random person- " Hi. Plz add me to your friends list"
My reply- " Eh? Who the hell are you?" (only people who are daft would mistake this for curiosity)
Second message from random person who turned out to be daft as well- " Hi. Im businessman from gujarat. I am in civil line and doing laiozan work-i know some of good constracion company in mumbai.what about you what are you doing and you are from which place.from your face i come to understand that you are very sober woman and you are very soft neture and it is good for you. futher if anything pls mail me or contact me on - Random person"
Sober and good natured. (I have tears in my eyes)
No person in their right mind has ever called me that and if all goes well, never will. I'm wondering whether to edit the previous post and also put down FB as a laughter tonic? There is also the question of an appropriate response - since "who the hell are you" has resulted in a generous and irrelevant description of self and "Eff off" might not be understood, I'm in favor of ditching my usual sarcastic style for a more direct and blunt"Not interested. Buzz off" approach.
I need to share the story with M now- I hope he laughs harder than the time someone on orkut called me a genius person! :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

rofl hahaha
He can tell all that from your teeny profile picture.Imagine if he can view the hole album..Tell him to get lost

Passionate Goof said...

Oh God! These sites actually have such wierdos. Like those personal 'I waan a be franz wid u' things that happened at Priya, back in school. God!

Unknown said...

FB is wholesome entertainment alright! Sober and soft neture, rofl!!! Well written!

Anuradha Sridhar said...

This is when I am going to unleash the only Gujrati I know .. "Su che, Saru che, Danda leke maru che"!!

Quirky Quill said...

asaan-I did. I think it worked :)
Goofy- for a moment there, I thought you meant something that happened with Priya and i was about to ask Priya who! sigh. old age.
Rastogi- I'm nothing but sober. Like never :P
Anu- If he messages again, I'll send him to you to help you with your gujarati hehe.

sscribbles said...

LOL. What a construction was the man interested in? BTW, many of us added to our HB count thanks to this FB guy :)

SG said...

So, I jumped over here from Anu's blog.. since I haven't seen or met you, I am ill qualified to judge civil line gujju-bhai's talents at observation and inference, but your post reminded me of a classic comment my profile/profile pic or may be both, on my now deactivated account had evoked.. "u have no mention if u r single. i like ur foto u luk single. b my friend."

*there is no dearth of idiots on fb, orkut and the likes..*

Quirky Quill said...

sscribbles- you know I never had a chance to find out for I bid him a good time getting lost :)
Phoenix- Firstly, welcome. hehe, glad to know you look single :P

Rhishi Pethe said...

Interesting. I feel there are more of these crazies on Orkut than on FB. By the way, good choice in picking your blog name :-)