Friday, February 29, 2008

Pass me the chill pill

I've been on the edge this week- So much so that people that I work with, are calling me nasty and fierce! Who would've thought. (And to think, some others in my previous company had ranked me "not aggressive enough". Tee Hee.)
M's asking me to relax and loosen up and for a change, I agree with him. Have become so high-strung and reactive-a very distorted version of what I used to be. Ugh :(
I think a bit of the stress is because my misplaced sense of hope & possibility on a major issue is in a cruel contest with foregone conclusions. The restlessness & the dismay at the silly futility of it all just doesn't go away, no matter how hard I try.
Making peace with an undesirable but certain consequence of my decisions and actions is sapping more positivity and energy out of me than I'd imagined possible.
Life's being the meaner bitch. Snap, snap, snap. I have to get out of this state of mind. Two things you can do to help:
- Distract me by saying something funny and irreverent.
- Slap me the next time you see me brooding.
(Don't wince if I slap back. After all, I do have a nasty reputation to live upto.)
I'll be back when I'm feeling better or sufficiently distracted.

5 comments:

politeduck said...

sometimes ur so edgy that it's better to interact with you with a continent in between!

lucky said...

namaste!

Quirky Quill said...

PoliteDuck- your name was funny and irreverent enough- thanks for dropping by.

Lucky-vanakkam and all that.

unpredictable said...

Here. I'm sending you a virtual cup of coffee (cappuccino with 2 sugars to go) to cheer you up. I hope all works out to be fine and you have good reason to cheer. Recent project developments contributed hopefully :)

Quirky Quill said...

How about an actual cup too, now that you've got the specifications right :)