Monday, August 11, 2008

And the base keeps runnin runnin

A new passion has been discovered.
Home and work have contributed in equal measure- Peer pressure (& spouse pressure) has succeeded like never before.
I've started running.
I have also signed up for the 10 km run (Stanchart Marathon-Dec7).
This is no meagre achievement for someone who is clearly not the athletic type and can possibly not count any sport, save for badminton that has been played at some competitive level.
I kid you not.The passion has truly been ignited. New shoes bought. Running track 5 mins away from home discovered. In the mood to crack the track :)
Day 2: 5+4 laps (running), 1 lap (walking). 30 mins. avg speed 8 km/hr.
On my mark. Ready to run.
ps-the daily/weekly update on how I'm shaping up vs my goal is by no means an attempt to brag (actually, you could be quizzed for substance abuse if you think running 10 kms gives bragging rights!)..Only want to keep track, with the hope that I get to gloat in Dec at how pitiably unfit i was in August! I could have maintained a chart at home-but let's say this is another form of pressure! The online escape route is now officially closed. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

ShiSul said...

Congratulations woman! So are we proud owners of the NB? Saw the campaign btw (actually lots of them). Really good. And hey, so are you running 4 kms a day or 10? I'm confused.

Cutting Chai said...

hey that's super cool !! all the best :)

Quirky Quill said...

Sheen- no. I bought the Nike coz the salesman told me i suffer from over-pronation..whatever that means and that NB was meant for ppl of heavy built/males/both. And thus, another salesman cut the campaign down to its size. Btw, 1 lap=400m. I'm nowhere near running 10 km- but that's the goal, yes!
Mcd- Thanks :) i'll bug ur hubby for tips.

Anuradha Sridhar said...

Oh don't talk of badminton ... it brings memories of the embarassing loss against you at Indore!!

All the best with the running! :)