Monday, April 27, 2009

The discontent in settling down

Gypsies and nomads lead charming lives. They do not bother with cash flows and assets. Hoarding is not a hassle. Gypsies and nomads also have no fixed address. A caravan to guide and a spirit to explore.
I look at our nest- bustling with newly acquired possessions of entertainment and mobility. I stare at sufficiency but do not find contentment. Do I need more to live more?
I do not shun responsibility. Nor do I want to flee the material mortal world for some silent meditation in the hills. I would not be able to life the ascetic life. Yet, I find myself brooding over this consumption led lifestyle which clips many other bohemian options in the bud. Again, the survival of an option is quite unrelated to that option being exercised.
I can't quit at the drop of a hat. I can't call myself fancy free. I can't live on love and fresh air.
I certainly come nowhere close to a gypsy.
Wish being hedonistic did not come at the cost of abandonment of all romantic notions.

3 comments:

SD said...

What just happened there? You ok?

Quirky Quill said...

LOL- i think this post was misunderstood- I was just thinking aloud :) All's well folks.

Ajsuswing (Carpe Diem) said...

Absolutely love it!