Sunday, January 13, 2008

Wondering if I should take cover....

When I started this blog-it was anonymous and for most part of its existence, it's seen little activity-both from me, who posted sporadically and from the reader, who never came :P So the question of cloaking identity never really came up.
Gradually, I started giving out the blog address; dropping it shamelessly on my profile pages on social networking sites etc; even posting my life's scenes out here. But now, I wonder if that was a big mistake-whether this very act of telling the world upfront who this blog belongs to, doesnt actually make measured words and uncontroversial topics a mandate-I don't feel this blog can take the no-holds barred type of writing I want to indulge in.
Too many people I know have either read this in the recent past or will do so in the near future. And weird as it may sound-I'm not really willing to put up all aspects of my life for scrutiny and judgement, especially to those who know some of those aspects! Am I afraid of the judgement? Oh I don't know.
I am thinking of taking cover and just blasting off my thoughts without weighing in the nuances and reining the flight. I dont know whether I'll do that. just yet. As standard response to any decision, I'll procrastinate.
Ho hum.

Update
All I needed to unleash the bitchiness was a trigger and it was so readily provided. By whom? For that you'll have to read the blog where I officially let my dark side run wild. For a preview, click here: youhavetobeadumdumtoclickthis.blogspot.com :P Lovin' it.

2 comments:

lucky said...

:)
Most of the times it isn't free writing, if a lot of people know you and your blog.

But hey, from among the people who would judge you (actually everyone would!), the people you care about should be open to knowing un-censored things as well.. and those who you don't care about too much.. well.. it doesnt matter.. right?

Even I think a lot on this, and it colours and sometimes even decides what I write. So if you figure out an answer, let me know ;)

btw. i am hoping we can have conversation on blogs... the one that we couldn't have last time we met.

Quirky Quill said...

I think I am going to try out the anon bitching/ranting/venting dark thoughts therapy :P
Will tell you if it works hehe.